As young girl, you have thought about this day often! The day your dad will walk you down the aisle and your husband to be will look at you as if you were the best thing that ever happened to him. Needless to say your wedding day is the most important day in your life that will remain etched in your memory forever not just in your heart, but through photographs as well. If you are a bride to be preparing for her special day, here are some tips for you to bear in mind. Following these tips will ensure your pictures are simply ethereal, just the way you want them to be!
1. Getting the right photographer – You know you need to spend on a lot of things for your wedding, and have perhaps been saving up for it for the longest time. So when it comes to allocating budgets make sure you do not skimp on the wedding photographer. It’s a good idea to meet up your photographer well in advance with your beau and tell him about your wedding venue, the theme and the rest of the things that are important to both of you. It’s important for the photographer to know who you are not just by your name but understand what essentially makes you who you are. It’s a good idea to do a pre-wedding shoot as well. It may cost you a little more, but it certainly sets the mood!
2. The logistics matter – Make sure you share the date, venue and time of the wedding with your photographer well in advance to avoid a last minute faux pas. It would be great if you could convince him to come and look at the venue in advance, so he has a better idea of what needs to be done on the day of the wedding.
3. Give your wedding the personal touch– Your wedding day is a celebration of the unison of two hearts and minds and should highlight what is important to both of you. Work with your photographer to give your pictures the personal touch. For example, how about being photographed with your favorite food in your restaurant where you first met, or adorning the first trinket he gave you? If you love your books and have common favorites, how about making them a centerpiece at the table you will be sitting in.
4. Remove obstacles for your photographer – A good photographer can make anyplace and anything look beautiful. But do assist him in removing as many obstacles for him as possible. For example, ensure that things are not strewn all over in your changing room by you and your bridesmaid. Keep the all clutter relegated to a corner of a room!
5. Get those single shots done – Yes, we know a wedding is a celebration of your union, but it’s also a day when you are looking your best. A day in your life that will never come back. So before you go into the throes of your wedding, get your single shots done. Don’t make them staid or boring! You can talk with your photographer about this beforehand. Make these shots about your maidenhood that you are leaving behind. These are the pictures you would want your grandchildren to admire someday!
6. Get your partner comfortable – Unless you have one whacky guy for a life partner, chances are your hubby to be may not be that into all this business of taking photographs. You should work on making him comfortable and get him to enjoy the process as much as you are! Do spontaneous things, like whispering sweet nothings, a smooch when he is unaware, or a naughty pinch on the behind! These things are guaranteed to get those natural smiles out of him too.
7. The sanctity of the moment – We are blessed that we have technology at our beck and call today, but the flash of camera phones or iPads could simply ruin the moment that you are walking down the aisle. To preserve the sanctity of the moment request your guests to keep their mobile phones switched off during the ceremony. Do so with the promise that you will share your pictures later for all the social media updates!
8. Keep it natural – Once you’re ready to walk down the aisle forget that the photographer is around you. If you have done your bit to hire a professional, you can be assured that he will do his best to make you look gorgeous and capture all the big and small moments that will make memories of a lifetime. So don’t be conscious of the camera. Just make sure that the bouquet is away from your face though! You don’t want anything blocking that pretty face of yours. You can also check out Light Republic for more ideas.
9. Flex those 18 muscle to smile – Now that your moment of truth has arrived, make sure you look like you are living your dream. Your smile should emanate from the deepest emotions of your heart and should be a reflection of the joy you are feeling inside.
10. Celebrate your love – Do you know the one thing that delights every wedding photographer? It’s the joy of capturing the essence of any relationship. Of course the most highlighted will be that of yours with your husband, but every picture will count. The ones with your parents, siblings and in-laws. So make sure you let the love flow. Don’t overdo things though, just let your true emotions come to the fore.
11. It’s important to have fun – Once you have made adequate arrangements you can leave it to the professionals to take care of the rest. The details of photography is the last thing you should be bothered with during the ceremony. Just be your best self and enjoy the process of getting married. It’s your special day, so make sure you live it to your fullest.
You wedding album is something you will cherish for the rest of your life, so follow these tips to ensure that you have a real good one!