It’s almost that time of year – FALL is about to be upon us! Here is great idea for those of you who are looking for something to do with all those acorns that are about to invade your yards and parks. Make sure you get out there before all the squirrels pick them clean!
- Acorns collected from the yard (or from a park if you don’t have oak trees in your yard)
- Glass vase or jar (any size will do)
- Craft jute
- Candle, decorative sticks, fall leaf picks from the craft store
1. Fill your vase or glass jar about 3/4 full with acorns. The tops often pop off, but include them anyway! Start wrapping jute or twine around the center of the jar, overlapping the end to keep it in place.
2. Continue wrapping until the end is covered.
3. Cut off other end and tuck under first few strands to keep it in place. If you are unable to keep it tight, you could try a piece of tape to hold it to the vase.
See what else she did with this centerpiece here.
Photography & Project: Make and Takes