We love color chalkboard paint, and these cute chalkboard message vases in pink are perfect to add your wedding table numbers to. Creating 2 items out of 1 get’s this project the “two thumbs up” for anyone who is on a tight budget.
- Clear glass vase of choice
- Tinted chalkboard paint (both Rust-Oleum and Hudson have great colors)
- Frosted glass spray paint
- Packaging tape
- X-Acto knife or box cutter
- Chalk or chalk ink markers (found at craft stores)
- Begin by taping off any sections of your glass vase you do not wish to coat with tinted chalkboard paint. Both of these tinted chalkboard paints are water based, so to give them the very best adhesion to glass.
- This projected used frosted glass spray paint to act as a primer. Frosted glass spray paint is designed to adhere to glass, and it dries quickly (in less than 10 minutes!) so it makes the perfect ‘primer’ for giving your tinted chalkboard paint staying power.
- Give your vase two good coats.
- Next, apply two to three layers of the colored chalkboard paint to the vase, directly on top of the frosted glass spray paint.
- Allow it to dry between coats.
source: Centsational Girl