Chalkboard signs are the perfect DIY Wedding accessory. As practical as they are pretty, you can use these vintage style signs to advertise the details of your day for your guests. From quirky welcome signs to the order of service or a cute poem to stand beside you guest book, making your own chalkboard signs is simple, quick and cheap!
- Wood or MDF (you can have wood cut to size at any decent hardware shop)
- Black Chalk Paint
- Cutting Board
- Craft knife (for cutting the stencil)
- Masking Tape
- White Chalk Pen
How To Make It:
2. While you are waiting for the paint to dry you can prepare your stencil. For the example shown above, I copied the design from an online example, printed it onto two sheets of A4 paper and taped them together. Using the cutting board and craft knife, carefully cut out your design.
3. Once your board is completely dry, secure your stencil in place with masking tape. Take your white chalk pen and draw round the stencil. *TIP* For specific fonts (like the stripey one featured above) keep a visual reference of the font style to copy.
4. Carefully peel away the stencil to reveal your completed design! Depending on the quality of your stencil you may need to neaten up some of the edges (I have successfully done this with the help of a trusty black sharpie!) You can add borders and flourishes in the same way or, for the more arty types, go freehand!