For the couple that teaches! Pencil centerpieces, apple escort cards, Carmel apples as favors, the list of creative ideas are endless with this theme.
- 1 glass vase measuring 7″ (a standard #2 pencil is 7 3/8″)
- Pack of #2 pencils – this should be enough to wrap around the vase
- Rubber band
- School themed ribbon
- Place a rubber band around the glass and insert the pencils between the glass and the rubber band until the entire glass is covered.
- Hide the rubber band with a fun school themed or colorful ribbon.
- Add about 2 inches of water into the glass (easier for transporting), but make sure the teacher knows they should add more water as soon as possible to keep the flowers fresher longer.
- Sunflowers are perfect long lasting flowers, but you can use any flowers. Flowers picked from your garden are great too!