This personalized adventure photo map is a great idea for the couple who loves to travel to display at your wedding reception. Don’t forget to add your wedding photo, then frame and hang for lasting memories.
- (PostalPix) Photo Prints (various sizes)
- Foam Board (the size of your entire map)
- Short Ball Map Pins
- Tracing Paper
- Find a map you’d like to use; just make sure it’s got enough space. Kelsie purchased hers at Staples.
- Attach the map to the foam board. This gives the map cushion to put push pins into.
- Get your photos ready! You can fill up with all 50 states (if you’re using a map of the USA) or just use a few photos to still have the map stand out.
- Use tracing paper to trace the shape of the states and use this to guide where you to cut on your photos.
- Larger states will require a larger photo like 5×7, 8×8, or 8×10 if your map is big enough.
- Cut out your photos in the shape of maps! Don’t worry about cutting it exactly like the state, just follow the basic outline.
- Using a strong adhesive (or hot glue gun) add to big globs to the back of the photo and adhere the plastic tops of the pins into the glue.
- Carefully pin your state-shaped photos into the map
Be sure to check out Kelsie’s blog by heading over to Cut, Craft, Create.
source: PostalPix Blog