Another great tutorial from one of our favorite sites PostalPix. Take your Instagram wedding prints and turn them into Polaroid coaster memories.
- (4) 4″ x 4″ PostalPix Photo Prints
- Square Ceramic Tiles
- Mod Podge (Matte or Glossy, it’s up to you)
- Paint Brush
- To make it resemble a Polaroid, you will have to trim the photo prints, so be sure to pick ones that ones that won’t lose too much of its subject if trimmed down.
- Mark with a pencil and ruler, then trim a ½ inch from the width. It should now be 3.5″ wide.
- Do the same, but trim 1 inch from the length. You should be left with an image that’s 3.5″ x 3″. This should fit your ceramic tile just fine since they run a little larger even though it says it is 4″x4″, but measure accordingly to your own tile.
- Wipe down your tiles so that they are clean and ready to be turned into a Polaroid coaster.
- Generously apply Mod Podge using the brush to the back of the photo.
- Simply eyeball an even amount of space from the top and the two sides, the bottom will be left with more white space to resemble a Polaroid.
- Gently smooth out the photo to remove any air bubbles and excess glue.
- Let dry and work on the rest.
- Once all are photos are applied, go back to the first and generously apply Mod Podge to the top of the photo.
- Let it dry completely and it will dry clear.
- Optional step: apply small felt circles on the bottom.
Get the full tutorial with step-by-step photos at PostalPix.
source: PostalPix Blog