- 6-x-3 white Styrofoam cone
- 9-x-3 white Styrofoam cone
- 12-x-3 white Styrofoam cone
- 3 candleholders made to hold 3-inch pillar candles
- Red and white candies: round peppermints, red hots, candy canes
- Hot-glue gun and glue sticks
- If needed, cut 1/4 inch off the top of Styrofoam cone, so one candy can be hot-glued sideways.
- Hot-glue more candy to the cone, completely covering surface.
- Place the finished trees on wide candlesticks designed to display large pillar candles. Secure with a dab of Tacky Wax or floral clay if desired. Or set the trees directly on the table or on a plate of greenery.
- To make a minty place-setting decoration, hot-glue a flat, round peppermint candy to the center of each candy cane. Let dry, then use as a table decoration on each napkin. Or tie a ribbon around each napkin and add a candy cane underneath the ribbon.
Note: With any of our diy projects, if you should recreate the project, send us pictures, materials you used, final cost per item to make and your advice/feedback and we will feature you. Use our submission form.