Can’t afford to rent chargers? Here is a great way to save some money and do-it-yourself. The big question for me is what do you do with all of these after the wedding? I would place a number on the bottom of all of them and then do a drawing at the end of the night. Each winner could take home 8-10 chargers and use them for their own dinner parties. This way all your hard work doesn’t end up in the landfills. You could keep a dinner party set for yourself as memento of your own wedding. Full tutorial here.
- plastic chargers
- 1 can floral spray paint, Brilliant Silver
- 1 bottle Modge Podge, satin
- 1 bottle Martha Stewart fine glitter, Hematite
- 1 small craft brush
1. Outdoors or in a well-ventilated area, spray your chargers with spray paint in fine layers until overall coverage is achieved.
2. Let dry for 5 minutes
3. In a disposable bowl, pour a small amount of Modge Podge. (It gets tacky fairly quick, so it was best to mix in smaller batches.)
4. Add glitter to Modge Podge and mix. (The amount of glitter is dependent on how sparkly you want your charger – you can add as much glitter as you like!)
5. With the craft brush, paint on mixture in fine layers.
6. Allow to semi-dry between layers, keep painting on layers until the desired amount of glitter is achieved – Roya used six layers.
8. Invite your friends over for a glamorous dinner party and show off your chargers!