Although this recipe calls fro using paper straws you could kick it up a notch and use Pixie Sticks to offer your guest some extra sweetness. Get the Valentine’s Day Marshmallow Pops tutorial here from Deanna at MommyGaga.
– white chocolate
– sprinkles (crushed graham cracker, coconut, etc.)
– popsicle sticks, paper straws or Pixie Sticks
– food coloring
- First cut a small slit in the top of the marshmallows to allow you to insert your straw. If you skip this step you just might mash your marshmallows!
- Insert the straws or popsicle sticks and put them in the freezer for about 5-10 minutes. They do not take long to freeze and by doing this, the marshmallow is adhered more securely to the straw.
- Meanwhile, melt the white chocolate in the microwave on medium heat and stir every 30 seconds. White chocolate seems to burn a lot easier than regular chocolate so watch it closely! Add your food coloring if desired.
- Next up is the fun part: decorating! Dip the frozen marshmallows in the white chocolate. You will want to tap the excess white chocolate off. The frozen marshmallow will make the chocolate harden quickly so don’t wait too long before dipping them into the sprinkles.
Photography & Project: mommygaga