From the Bride:
The inspiration behind our day was simple, I called it “rustic beauty”. Not only did I want a beautiful Spring wedding but also something that fit us as a couple and I think we definitely accomplished that.
Baby’s breath was a must and colors like mint green and blush pink mixed with the elegance of gold fit together with the perfect contrast in our warehouse reception complete with exposed brick. I found most of my ideas like many others on the wonderful website of Pinterest, without which I’m not sure I could have seen my dream come to life! I’m known to dabble in a bit of DIY so our wedding was a great time for me to get my craft on.
Some of the projects I accomplished were:
- making our burlap and lace aisle bows
- wrapping all our votive holders in lace (quite the task)
- cutting all the corks for our name cards, yarn wrapping a couple of card board letters in mint green painting a giant letter G and the wooden letters spelling out “cards” in gold and attaching
- them to the old suitcase we used
- I also bought and decorated our unity candle (great way to save money!)
It’s hard to say exactly the things that made it extra lovely because it truly was the way everything came together that made our wedding the happiest and most perfect day of my life thus far, not to mention the most wonderful groom a wife could ask for.
Photographer: Swanky Fine Art Weddings
Bridesmaid Dresses: Arena Bridal and Formal//Bridesmaid Dresses:Charlotte Russe//Caterer: Crank’s Catering//Reception Venue: Detroit Mercantile//Hair Stylist: Gillian Niffenegger//Makeup Artist: Gillian Niffenegger//Second Shooter: Laura Torres//Photo Booth Equipment: Mammoth Booth//Floral Designer: Something Old Something New Flowers For You//DJ: Sound Slingers//Equipment Rentals: The Party Paradise//Submitted via Two Bright Lights