From the Photographer:
Fairytales can come true and when this creative couple, Corbin and Kiara, became engaged, it was the perfect opportunity for these two creative souls, to unite and design a wedding that perfectly expressed their love for nature and Kiara’s glamour side. An intimate ceremony took place outside, reading their own personally written, wood framed wedding vows, beneath a majestic canopy of coastal oaks. A trickling stream added to the tranquil setting in Anaheim, California at the Oak Canyon Nature Center on their wedding day. An 8 foot, archway, made of twigs and branches, with a colorful spray of peach, white and greenery adorned the archway, which made for a gorgeous, natural backdrop. Personal touches of hand stained wooden crates, flowers and greenery were placed tastefully on the outskirts of the seating areas. Every detail came from their own creative imaginations, hand-making all of the decorations, to bring their ideas to life.
The reception carried the theme of natural dark woods, complimenting the table settings of stacked hand-painted book centerpieces and gold candle holders. A whimsical elegance graced the venue, of hand-made signs, stained dark wood crates, escort card display complimenting the glam glitter tablecloths at the dessert table and the sweetheart table. The dessert table displayed a hand-made wooden backdrop that the couple made and large paper flowers. A hand made photo booth was nostalgic with a very fun personal touch, displaying framed photographs of Kiara and Corbins family from one generation to the next. Many thanks to Pretty Little Package for their help making Kiara and Corbin’s vision come to life and the gorgeous flowers by Blooming Bud.
Nearly every amazing element of this wedding was a DIY project hand-made by the bride and groom:
- The photobooth
- The cheveron wood dessert table backdrop.
- Paper flowers for cake and Cake topper.
- Stained all the crates.
- Made all centerpieces.
- Painted every book every chalkboard sign & 8ft wooden arch.
- All glitter letters (xoxo)
- Painted all the bottles at the bar.
- The sparkler tags (let sparks fly)
- Escort card display and tags.
- They refinished all the trunks and luggage to match the rest of their decor.
- All of their invitations and RSVPs were created by the bride’s cousin Michelle.
- Gold glitter spoons at the dessert table.
- All of the cake stands they made with old candle holders and wood.
- Bride made the naked cake for the dessert table, the night before the wedding as she works for the Torrance Bakery.
Photographer: Brienne Michelle Photography
Ceremony Location: Oak Canyon Nature Center//Floral Designer: The Blooming Bud//Event Designer:The Pretty Little Package//Cake Designer: Torrance Bakery//Event Venue:Torrance Women’s Club//Submitted via Two Bright Lights